Dermatopathology volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series provides the reader with the full gamut of knowledge in an affordable and practical format. It features highly templated and illustrated chapters, and employs a wealth of boxes and tables to provide the reader with the necessary information on all aspects of a pathologic entity: clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnosis, prognostic and therapeutic considerations, and selected bibliography. It includes coverage of metabolic, systemic, allergic, infectious, and inflammatory skin diseases, as well as in-depth coverage of skin tumors.
With 13 additional contributing experts.
• Features online access to the full text and all the illustrations from the book, with links to PubMed, for easy referencing at expertconsult.com.
• Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the skin.
• Provides detailed discussions of metabolic, systemic, allergic, infectious, and inflammatory skin diseases as well as cutaneous neoplasms giving you well-rounded, comprehensive coverage.
• Offers over 1,100 full-color, high-quality photographs that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of
pathologic lesions offering enhanced diagnostic guidance.
• Employs a consistent, user-friendly organization throughout to present each pathologic entity's gross and microscopic features, prognostic and therapeutic considerations, ancillary studies, and differential diagnoses.
• Presents information in boxes and tables for at-a-glance reference.
Author: By Klaus J. Busam, MD, Attending Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY