Our Price: £245.00. (Normally £291.00).
After thirty years, PPID is still the reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. Mandell, Bennett, and Dolin have substantially revised and meticulously updated, this new edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 7th Edition helps you identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see. And, as an Expert Consult title with enhanced online features, this updated 7th edition comes with convenient access to the full text online, regular updates, video demonstrations, and more at expertconsult.com.
• Features full-text online access with regular content updates, drug database, a downloadable image library, and more at expertconsult.com.
• Provides more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other ID resource so you can get the answers to any questions you have.
• Presents 1,100 exquisite color photographs that reflect real-life patient symptoms for enhanced visual guidance.
• Uses a consistent chapter-to-chapter layout for easy navigation.
New to this Edition
• Includes new chapters on Probiotics, Outbreak Investigation, Infection of Nonvalvular Cardiovascular Devices, and Chlamydophila Pneumonia to keep you up to date on today’s hot topics.
• Features updated coverage of microbial pathogens and infections in cancer patients, emerging infections, antibiotic resistance, travel medicine, importation of exotic pets, bioterrorism agents, and much more.
• Incorporates many more new American and international contributors, giving you fresh perspectives and expanded global insights.
By Gerald L. Mandell, MD, MACP, Professor of Medicine Emeritus, Owen R. Cheatham Professor of the Sciences Emeritus, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA